Vegan Chickpea Tuna Salad
This was pretty quick and painless to make. And it ended up being pretty tasty, almost rivaling Terri’s Chickpea Tuna Melt. Anyway, here is the recipe:
- 2 cans of chickpeas, rinsed
- 3 tablespoons veganaise (I used Reduced Fat)
- 1 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- salt and black pepper to taste
- red pepper
- 2 stalks of celery
- 7 or 8 small carrots
- 2 tbsp relish or cut up pickle
- Daiya cheddar cheese (optional)
- Sriracha to drizzle on top, and spinach (optional)
- Vitamix/food processor/blender, or mash by hand
In a food processor or by hand, pulse/mash the chickpeas until they are semi crushed. You want the consistency to be tuna-like. Remove the chickpea mixture and put it in a bowl. Now cut or pulse the carrots and celery until they are a small size. Combine them with the chickpeas.
Add the veganaise, lemon juice, relish, red pepper, and salt and pepper. Stir with a firm hand but try to keep the consistency the same. Taste to make sure it’s to your liking! When you are ready to assemble, slather it onto some bread, and if you have Daiya cheese, sprinkle it on and pop it into the toaster oven until it’s melted. You can also add some leafy greens, I added spinach to mine. And as a final masterful step, don’t forget to drizzle the sriracha (I ran out so I didn’t have any on mine. Blasphemous, I know!). Now kaokaokao!